Preventing & Treating Gum Disease
In order that this major dental problem is adequately addressed we employ dental hygienists and dental therapists whose main role is to support the dentists in the treatment and prevention of gum disease.
WHAT TREATMENTS DOES THE DENTAL THERAPISTS PROVIDE?
Dental Therapists are able to provide many of the services that a dentist can provide, and work closely with the dentist to complete prescribed treatment on referral. Therapists are able to provide the following services:
- Fillings using amalgam, composite, or any other direct filling material; for adults or for children
- Scaling, polishing and Periodontal treatment
- Extraction of deciduous teeth in children
- Applying fluoride treatments to the teeth
- Local anaesthetic injections
- Dental impressions
- Taking radiographs
- Refixing loose crowns or bridges